Wednesday, March 9, 2011

No Art today

Its really hard to work during spring break, so I'm just trying to get into the habit of posting at least once a week even if I have no new art or comics to put up.  So instead I'm just going to talk here for a little bit about up coming projects.

Currently I'm working on COPOUT Artists' #2 with Andy Hood, this is going to be in a completely different format than COPOUT Artists #1 Moments.  After publishing our first work I learned a great deal about printing and assembling comics, which is why we're making the switch.  We're going to attempt so hard to have new comics every first Friday to pass out in Philly.  So with that only two artists will be working together a month on a comic, I think that it'll just be more manageable that way.  It'll be in a flip comic format which is a lot more difficult to explain than3 it should be, you'll just have to see it.  It's also going to be in a smaller format so we can print on 8.5 x 11 so we don't end up wasting any paper, really last time we may have killed an entire forest.  Since its a flip comic, it operates as two separate comics that just happen to share a book, because of this there will be no over lapping theme amongst the works and the artists will have complete control over all the content that will be put in the book well, except the format and it has to be four pages long.  So all together we'll have an 8 page mini.  I hope you're all looking forward to more autobiographical misadventures by yours truly.

I'm also working on an upcoming three page comic (plus cover so four pages altogether) in the upcoming weeks.  Its just about a boy and his pet fish.  This one its an assignment so I'm not sure if I'm going to print these for distribution yet or not.  It something I would certainly like to do.  If I do I'm going to print it entirely by myself and be completely independent from COPOUT Artists.  Because its outside of the planned COPOUT format, being only three pages.  So keep an eye out for it, I'll put a page up here if I decide to print it.  If not I'll just post them all up.  Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free right?

I'm also planning on another comic this too being autobiographical but only a short two pager, so in all likely hood this will appear online in its entirety.

I'm also really excited for Eisley's new album, I've already ordered it but I haven't gotten in the mail yet so I've been on an Eisley binge and listening to all their music.



No comments:

Post a Comment